1. I made this dish for dinner this past week, adding in butternut squash. Twas delish and (everyone’s favorite word) easy! Tip: Trader Joe’s has bags of pre-cut up kale and butternut squash, plus super cheap bags of mini Blood Oranges!
2. Wanting to up your Instagram game? One of my favorite bloggers recently posted her 9 tips on better Instagram photos.
3. If you don’t follow @madewithmap on Instagram yet, go do so right now. Especially if you love travel. They post destinations to visit, travel advice, city guides, etc. through guest Instagrammers. Don’t worry about bookmarking every place they highlight for a future visit – just go to their website and you can search by location to see all of their posts on that specific place.
4. Loneliness is a really hard thing, I won’t lie. When dealing with loneliness, it can be hard to hope, to believe. Through wrestling with it, I learned a lot, and I loved how this article clearly outlined the truths about loneliness and how it can grow you.
5. It’s everyone’s favorite time of year: Girl Scout cookie season! My favorite way to eat their Thin Mints is frozen – but Brittni Mehlhoff of Paper & Stitch is reinventing the game with these Toasted Marshmallow Cookie Sandwiches. Wipe the drool off your mouth and make these before Girl Scout season and bonfire season are over (or is bonfire season already done? We had a bonfire last week so I think we’ve still got time.)
6. Ha Ha Ha, oh this. You really have to listen to the Relevant Podcast for it to make sense (and for it to be as funny as I make it seem). Long story short, after discussing a story about a man marathon-watching Dawson’s Creek (20 hours a day) and raising money for it, Jesse Carey of the podcast decided to take on a similar mental challenge. Enter the Nickelback Challenge: For one week, he would listen to the complete Nickelback catalog non-stop, 24/7. And raise money for Charity Water! The whole thing exploded, raising over $34,000, and was covered by Time, Buzzfeed, Daily Mail, etc.