I constantly come across interesting links online. Once I saw Emily Schuman's weekly curation of articles, items, and people that inspired, interested, or informed her, I knew I wanted to do something similar! Here are some links that I have stumbled upon recently - Enjoy!
1. As new words are introduced to the English language every year (i.e. tweet, selfie, hashtag), Wayne State University has created a list of their own: words they think should be brought back. This year's top 10 words include flapdoodle, knavery, and obambulate. Definitely will be trying to incorporate these words more into my daily life to form a concinnity of sentences.
2. I'm a huge Unbroken (and Laura Hillenbrand) fan, so I was devastated when the recently released film adaption excluded the redemption of Louie Zamperini (I mean, come on - the title of the book and movie is "Unbroken: a story of survival, resilience, and REDEMPTION"). Desiring God's Marshall Segal wrote a thoughtful response to the film, explaining why he believed the movie fell short.
3. In the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris, Jesse Carey of Relevant Magazine examined how he felt we as believers should respond and what to take away from the tragedy. What are we really saying when we declare "Je Suis Charlie"? How should believers exercise discretion and their freedom of speech?
4. Everybody loves a good love story. This one will send everyone into "awwww"s because this couple got married over 20 years after they were the ring-bearer and flower girl in the same wedding. Yep. Awwww.
5. I love soup. Hate the cold, love the soup. When I am home, I am fine with just soup for dinner, but Dad needs a little more (we usually get bread) so this link is for you, Dad - 19 sides that make soup a meal.
6. I also love sleep - who doesn't? Here are eight ways sleep can benefit your life. Makes me love sleep even more.
*to connect to links, simply click on the words in bold.